The Book Swap was a blast, and we built an entire library for Covenant House. Not a bad way to finish up our 2007 swapping- or to mark our one-year anniversary!
When: November 3rd, noon-3pm
Where: CELLspace (2050 Bryant St. between 18th & 19th) map How Much: $5 ($10 without books)
- The largest freecycling bookstore in town!
- $1 beer & wine!
- Free Meth coffee (if you bring your own cup)!
- Beats by poolboy & d (4handed) and maer (Psyphy
Machine/ Dub Beautiful)!
- Journalmaking and bookbinding workshops!
- The Insta-Library Challege!*
*The Insta-Library Challenge: we've been asked to supply, in the course of three hours, an entire library for Covenant House, a shelter for homeless teens. We're asking you to keep this in mind while you're picking out books for the swap- what books were important to you when you were a teenager? What books do you wish you had read? If you've got 'em, bring 'em, and we'll put them aside. If that means these kids get 20 copies of Catcher in the Rye, then so be it. (ps we totally did it.)
Coffee provided by: